Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dynamic Duo

Living in NY in a dorm and being a student is not the easiest combination when I comes to making friends outside of school. 3 1/2 weeks ago Rachel moved to NYC as, what I believe to be, an answer to my prayers. I met her at FHE on Sunday the 29th of February before anyone could grab her and decided that she had to be my friend. (I mean, I wasn't that forceful, but whatever I did to convince her, it worked) She moved to NY to nanny 3 kids, but later found out the grandma hired her to watch more of the children's mother. I was finishing up finals that next week and this had a 3 week trial period so we decided to do lots of site singing. Between 9 and 4 when the kids were in school and after they were in bed at 8, Rachel and I were inseparable. Here is a list of everything Rachel and I did in about a 3 week period in no particular order. A story goes along with each one, so if you're interested in hearing about the event/day, leave a comment for me and I'll be sure to elaborate win a new post:)


  1. Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, ate rolo pretzel thingies
  2. picnic on the staten island ferry
  3. highline park
  4. brooklyn bridge
  5. central park 
  6. ground zero memorial
  7. Joanna (The psycho mama)
  8. YSA Singles Conference Dance
  9. Valentine's Day Party
  10. cleaned the church twice
  11. went to Bloomingdales
  12. Brunch Crawl with our ward
  13. Tried to win the lottery for tickets to Wicked ( I guess now I can say I have played in the lottery
  14. we were given handfuls of candy at Hershey's Store in Times Square, for free
  15. went into applebees and realized it was 18-20 for a regular burger, so we just ordered chips and fries
  16. shake shack
  17. subway- bought a footlong every time (I'm pretty sure we went here at least 5 times)
  18. olive garden- unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks (When you're a poor college student to fill every limb of your body until you feel like you won't be able to eat for days)
  19. Literally ran from the subway to the magnolia bakery back to the subway while eating peanut butter pie so Rachel wouldn't be late for work (delicious and completely worth it)
  20. helped plan and set up a linger longer and everyone loved what we made
  21. watched super bowl in NY & won the super bowl
  22. dinner at rebecca's where she cooked in a crockpot for the first time ever
  23. made chocolate chip pancakes and mud die buddies ( a really healthy breakfast if you ask me:)
  24. watched The Vow on Valentines Day
  25. watched The Next 3 Days on Netflix while eating cookies and apple
  26. found out rachel was neighbors with one of my best friend in logan up until she was 8
  27. rachel got kissed within 48 hours of landing in NY
  28. Busted up at people rapping on the subway
  29. Rachel took the subway to 42nd street thinking that where the church was... 42nd st is times square, nice try Rachel
  30. rachel almost got mugged in Times Square
  31. Rachel was saved by a guy on the subway who made sure a guy didn't follow her home
  32. talked to NYC cops on horses who had real accents
  33. Was thoroughly entertained by a man that calls himself the naked cowboy, in Times Square
  34. Rachel was fired by the psycho mama and rehired by the psycho mom's moms within 20min... needless to say she decided the job wasn't for her
  35. watched the sun set sitting by the hudson river
  36. Went to South seaport
  37. Just happened to fall upon the NY government buildings
  38. saw China Town and Little Italy
  39. saw a drive thru McDonalds
  40. said we were both going to ask someone out, but never did- FAIL
  41. went to church ever Sunday to a ward where no one took us seriously
  42. rachel was homeless and living out of her suitcase for 3 days
  43. Time Warner at Columbus Circle
  44. Pizza & chips and salsa


I'm aware that this is a very long list and now that I look at it I realize why it is that I gained inches over my break:/ oops! This last week Rachel moved back to Utah:( I cried. I just don't know why she was here for such a short amount of time, but I know we're going to remain friends for a very long time. I just love her. We just clicked so fast! GOd wanted us to meet though, we know that. She lived in Logan until she was 8 and then moved to Kaysville. 3 years ago I moved to Logan and then a little over a year ago she moved to Logan for school at USU. Somehow we kept missing each other there so He brought us both to the other side of the country to meet. I love her and can't wait to see her this summer when she comes back to NY to visit hopefully. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment