Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Day of Love

Spring is in the air and everyone's twitterpated! I honestly don't know how people my age are getting married. Every night I get on Facebook, it never fails to show that there has been a relationship status change of one of my friends to "engaged to..." I just want to take a moment to say that President Monson is not talking to 18 & 19 year olds in Utah when he says that people need to be getting married... dating yes, but marriage! Although I'm not welcoming anything for myself right now, actually I'd prefer to stay far from a relationship, I can't help but wonder when it's all going to happen for me. I feel like everyone here is 28+ and not even dating anyone. I scares me that if I stay away from dating and relationships that I'm going to end up 30 or older and still not married. The sad thing is that there is nothing wrong with these people. Their jobs are just really time consuming and important to them. On Valentines Day I went to The Vow with one of my girlfriends and we saw so many guys from our ward/stake in the movie and on the street. I don't think I've ever seen so many mormon guys in one night here in NY. My friend and I couldn't help but giggle when as we were walking to the subway, the majority of the people getting off the subway were men, and it was only 7pm. I think Valentine's Day was made to remind men that there are more things in life than work. This seems like a man hater post, but be assured that was not my intention. Sorry if this didn't flow... I'm super tired tonight and was honestly just trying to get something on my blog since I haven't posted in a coupe weeks. Be on the look out for another post this weekend! I love you all! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment