Friday, December 30, 2011

Home for Christmas

I am so thankful that no matter where I'm at in the world there is always a place to call home. These past two weeks were much needed. I was able to catch up with friends and family, sleep in (I had forgotten what that felt like) and even just sit around and plain old do nothing, but do you want to know what I loved the most about the whole break? Well, the night before Christmas Eve I started getting sick, and it didn't just end after 24 hours. One week later and I'm still fighting it, but do you know who was there with me every step of it, telling me to take more medicine, and to go to bed, and go get in another hot shower to "cook it out of me?" My mom. Man, do I love that women and for some reason it's almost harder to say good bye this time around than the first time I left. I'm so grateful I was home to have my mom take care of me. I do not welcome the day I get sick in New York. I also appreciate home because I don't have to filter ANYTHING! I'm kind of nervous to go back to New York because I'm a little sensitive to all of the language. Sure, everyone says, "you'll get used to it," but I honestly don't want to. I'm growing up so much. There are so many things to learn and I'm at the very beginning... [a very good place to start~Sound of Music] haha, I know, I'm a nerd but hey, it happens to the best of us, right? I honestly am so excited to find out what God has in store for me. As much as I'm enjoying New York, it is such a trial of my faith, but it's almost easy to stay strong. The hard part is sharing my strength with others. I get so tired of all the questions and missionary experiences. There was one day I had 4 in less than one hour! A word to the wise, if you've been praying for missionary experiences and they haven't really come, don't worry, He keeps a tally and will be sure to give you every last one of them. Being a missionary is so hard! I LOVE MISSIONARIES! Thank goodness for their service because little people like me sometimes need backup. Moving back out of Utah has been humbling. I don't know anything! (Yes mom, and all those parents out there reading this, I said it) I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! You think you know quite a bit when you move out, but you really don't, not about the church, cooking, time management, and the endless list of everything you have to do by yourself. I mean, I'm still asking my mom for laundry sorting help, and I even did my laundry for the last year of high school! Laugh all you want parents, but don't think your kids won't be saying the same things as I am now, because it will be even worse! I'm not going to lie, compared to a normal teenager, I was easy. Sure, I had my moody moments, or weeks, but hey, who doesn't? And yes, I got mouthy with my mom a few times here and there, which ended about as fast as you can say "smack." But other than those minor things I think I was pretty good.  Needless to say I love being home. Please write me an email or a Facebook message, even if it's only to say hi. I'd love to keep in contact with as many people as possible. And on the plus side reading mail and writing people back will keep me out of trouble... nah! haha just kidding:) Goodbye Utah, See you in 6 months!

Love you all!
Morgan 

PS Pray for me

2 comments:

  1. Morgan!! I am loving your blog! I am so proud of you for getting out there and living your dreams! You are an inspiration!! Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Morg! It sounds like you are having a great experience and learning a lot. But you're right, you do have a great Mom. Lucky girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete